MyMedsHealth are committed to upholding best practice in relation to the management of patient information. We respect patient privacy and and take it very seriously, complying with privacy legislation.
Personal information we may collect and hold includes:
- Your name, address, date of birth, email and contact details
- Medicare and other healthcare card numbers
- Your medical records and health information
- Other sensitive information
How we collect your personal information:
- from you directly
- from a person responsible for you and your care
- from other health care providers
- from third parties where the Privacy Act or other law allows it
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide health services to you
- to communicate with you or your other healthcare providers
- to comply with our legal obligations
- to manage our accounts and administrative services
- for data collection or research purposes (your name would not be disclosed and you would remain anonymous).
How to access or correct any of your personal information.
If you require access to any of your medical or personal information we would be happy to accommodate your request and can update or correct it as necessary. There may be some exceptions which are set out in the Privacy Act.
How to make a privacy related complaint?
If you have any questions or concerns relating to how your private and personal information has been handled by MyMedsHealth, please contact us. Alternatively, you can lodge a complaint in writing and send it to us. We will respond to the complaint as soon as possible.
Our Policy will be reviewed and updated as necessary, depending on changes to the constitution, technology or other changes in practice.
Please note, to deliver optimal patient care we require access to all your relevant health records. This is so we can provide the best and most informed recommendations and advice regarding your health. When you give consent for a Home Medicines Review you are also giving consent for us to access your medical records for clinical purposes only.